Sunday, May 5, 2013

I found this on the Oconto County Historical Society web page under the 2011 awards section.

The Kay Stewart Award – for lifetime achievement in family history

This last summer I was at a gathering that Vic and Agnes Bast attended. I noticed that Agnes was carrying a book, ‘Life’s Memories’. I’m always on the lookout for people who have written down stories of their lives in Oconto County, so I immediately thought of Agnes for a Kay Stewart Award. Then I found out Agnes had also written a book documenting her Konitzer family tree, and then an updated list of descendants. Gathering the information to build a family tree is time-consuming but rewarding. Agnes has helped preserve the history of another family of Oconto County. Agnes and Vic were unable to attend this meeting, but her son Russ Bridger and brother-in-law, Clyde Bridger, are here to accept the Kay Stewart Award on her behalf.

These books are available at LULU.com , published by Russ Bridger.
She deserves this award, and the extended family should read and cherish them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home